TOP 5 ISSUES WITH SCAN VIP AND LISTENER
ISSUE 1 :
SCAN VIP showing status UNKNOWN – CHECK TIMED OUT
· crsctl stat res –t
ora.scan1.vip 1 ONLINE UNKNOWN rac2 CHECK TIMED OUT
ora.scan2.vip 1 ONLINE ONLINE rac1
ora.scan3.vip 1 ONLINE ONLINE rac1
/ec/resolv.conf is not consistent across all nodes .
· Have /etc/resolv.conf consistent across all nodes
· Reduce the value for lookup timeout so that the total lookup time is less than the check timeout for VIP resource. E.g. add to /etc/resolv.conf : options timeout :1
ISSUE 2 :
What to check on SCAN VIP’s before installing GRID and what to check after installation .
· /etc/resolv.conf must be consistent across all nodes
· SCAN should have the netmask already used by public interface
· “nslookup scan-name” should return name server and 3 ip addresses
· If tcp.validnode_checking=yes in GRID’s home sqlnet.ora, then TCP.INVITED_NODES will require the SCAN VIP’s and node VIP’s to be added to the Grid Infrastructure sqlnet.ora file.
· crsctl status resource –w ‘TYPE=ora.scan_vip.type’ --- it should show LISTENER_SCAN<X> ONLINE
· srvctl config scan
· srvctl config scan_listener
· cluvfy comp scan
ISSUE 3 :
Service not registered with SCAN listener after SCAN listener failover .
After SCAN VIP and SCAN listener failover, instance does not register with SCAN listener. It might happen for only 1 SCAN listener.
Client connection gets intermittent ORA-12514 TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor.
For both above bugs , the work around is to unregister and register remote listener on the db instance which does not register to a SCAN listener , with the following steps :
show parameter remote_listener ;
alter system set remote_listener=’ ‘ ;
alter system register ;
alter system set remote_listener=’<scan>:<port>’ ;
alter system register ;
ISSUE 4 :
SCAN VIP’s do not failover when public n/w is down .
SCAN VIP’s should failover to next node when public n/w is down. On 220.127.116.11 under some circumstances it is possible that SCAN VIP stays on wrong node.
Install last 18.104.22.168 PSU or 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199 .
ISSUE 5 :
SCAN listener troubles .
Listener.ora exists in /etc or /var/opt/oracle .
Default port 1521 not used .
Move listener.ora to other location. It is fixed in 188.8.131.52 and last 184.108.40.206 PSU .
SCAN listener port changed to default 1521 after upgrade to 220.127.116.11 GI from lower release .
Ref link: http://oracledbasagar.blogspot.com